***registration is now closed ****
Make it Happen!
A Professional Skills Training mini-conference for Graduate Students.
Thursday, May 1, 2014 11:30 a.m. to 5:15 p.m.
Location: Plaza 400 Level Mezzanine
Graduate students, this is a skill-sharpening event you won’t want to miss!
An “on your feet” mini conference with micro-sized trainings that will provide you with an armload of practical skills for your employment search and job creation.
By the end of the day you will walk away with;
- resume reviewed by a career professional and customization tips on how to stand out in the crowd!
- mock interview experience – with feedback on how to prepare for behaviour-based interviews
- new e-portfolio format to document and “visualize” your skills and talents
- new understanding and language on how to translate your graduate-level skills to a potential employer
- broader options for employment
…. and, over 50 new professional contacts!
All conference attendees receive an invitation to an exclusive post-conference professional SHIFT Mixer for graduate students. You’ll meet some of the most influential thinkers from the University, Niagara and beyond.
And, prizes! You could win lunch with a University thought leader or a coffee with a local entrepreneur!
As a conference participant, you will benefit from an additional networking opportunity. We have created a Coffee Connect mentoring network. Basically, we have identified influential and enthusiastic University and community leaders who are willing to donate their time (in the form of a 20-minute conversation over coffee) to chat about career path stories, insights and share ideas. The conversation is up to you….
We’re sorry! Registration is now closed.
Please contact Karin Perry at email@example.com if you would like to receive post-conference notes and resources from the SHIFT conference — we would be happy to pass them on!