Social Innovation Research Associate Program (SIRAP)
Brock’s Social Innovation Research Associate training program (SIRAP) is a pilot project. The aim of the pilot is to provide Graduate students with direct community-based research experience that is meaningful, relevant and complements their graduate education.
A team of Graduate Student Researcher Associates will co-develop the Living in Niagara Report: a comprehensive community indicators project. Alongside community experts and leaders, Graduate Student Research Associates will have an opportunity to co-generate new indicators of community wellness while proposing vital and innovative solutions addressing social, economic, environmental and cultural challenges within the Niagara community.
WHAT’s in it for Graduate Students?
As a Graduate Research Associate you will;
- Learn new research methods & expand your repertoire of research skills
- Enhance your professional network: receive coaching and mentoring
- Meaningfully contribute and foster community change
- Co-present research findings at Brock’s Graduate Student conference: Mapping New Knowledges
- Work across disciplines with an innovative team of graduate students and faculty
- Build professional and graduate skills: strategic communications, collaborative leadership, knowledge exchange and creativity & innovation
- Receive additional opportunities for collaborative publications and presentations
- Receive a Social Innovation Leadership Fellowship
- Participate in a capstone competency mapping exercise for skills/knowledge translation
Expectations and Deliverables:
You will be expected to:
- Attend monthly meetings/workshops throughout three terms (1 full year).
- Research sector-specific community indicator projects; ascertaining best practices
- Consult with community leaders to assess the needs, preferences and interests to best capture sector-specific indicators
- Produce monthly research reports & one page final indicator report
- Create a collaborative & innovative digital presentation with fellow Graduate Research Associates & present at the Mapping New Knowledges: Graduate Student Conference at Brock.
To view application details click here>> SIRAP application final