Your Faculty of Graduate Studies is committed to helping you to become all that you can be — and this includes assisting you to graduate “career-ready” when you finish your graduate program of study.
Professional skills are competencies that complement the academic skills you acquire as a researcher and a scholar while in your graduate program. They focus on helping students to transition quickly to workplace settings.
Support units from across campus are our enthusiastic partners in Grad Plus. From Career Services and Student Development Services to the Centre for Pedagogical Innovation, Brock Libraries, International Services and Programs Abroad, the Graduate Students’ Associate, the Office of Research Services and the Office of Academic Integrity, we are all pulling together to offer you programs and activities meant to prepare you to go forward in professional life in the near future.
Grad Plus focuses on:
• supporting your academic studies
• identifying essential “career competencies” for you to focus on developing alongside your academic knowledge and skills
• encouraging you to think carefully about what’s next
• sharing resources and services available to you
• providing opportunities for you to acquire complementary career skills
• helping you to become familiar with our partner units and the support they offer
• sharing campus-wide resources, tools and information
• helping you to move successfully from here into your professional future